Chicago’s favorite Health & Wellness Expert stopped by CBS Chicago to share some simple swaps that you can do at your next BBQ to stay healthy! Check out the healthiest dips, chips, burgers, and even alcoholic beverages:
Did you get too stuffed or feel like you gained weight last weekend at all of the 4th of July BBQs? Well, we’ve got some solutions for you to keep healthy and fit at the rest of your BBQs this summer! Our Health & Fitness Expert Stephanie Mansour from Step It Up with Steph is here to share some tips.
First, let’s start with mentally preparing yourself for a BBQ.
1. Mindset going in – if you are saving up calories or planning ahead of time to overeat, you’re setting yourself up for failure!
2. Viewing food as fuel – know what your triggers are beforehand, and come up with a mantra that you will say to yourself. (EX: I like feeling healthy so I love eating vegetables!)
Next, let’s take a look at some healthy options at BBQs.
1. Dips: use hummus or guacamole INSTEAD OF creamy dips.
2. Chips: use VEGGIES or HEALTHY CHIPS instead of greasy potato chips
3. Stick to lean meats SANS the bun
4. Use clear liquor & sparkling water INSTEAD OF beer or fattening margaritas
Finally, research shows that just 5 minutes of exercise boosts your body image & self-esteem!
1. Before heading to a BBQ, get in a high intensity interval workout.
2. Don’t bank on beach volleyball for your exercise – think of it as a bonus.
Stephanie Mansour is the best weight loss coach for women and the best personal trainer for women who want to lose weight holistically. She helps women lose weight without crazy dieting or workouts. Lose weight fast and make it last with the best Health & Fitness Expert, Stephanie Mansour!