You may have tried detox programs, like juice cleanses, soup detoxes, or even a diet that consists of only eating grapefruit! However, our Health & Fitness Expert Stephanie Mansour is here to show us that we not only need to detox our diet (and in a healthy way!), but also our mind and body.
1. Mentally: It is important to get rid of self-shaming and guilt!
Create a finger-touching exercise to do to compliment yourself before important events and regularly throughout each day. Remind yourself that you are strong and powerful and make healthy choices because you will feel better!
2. Physically: Sweat it out! If you missed your pre-Thanksgiving workout, it’s not too late. Schedule in 1 or 2 workouts over the long weekend, and for throughout the month of December.
3. Nutritionally: those cleanses do not work! If you’re looking for a cleanse, I recommend a smoothie cleanse with protein powder. You want to keep your protein and fiber count up so that you can burn fat faster. Here are some other tips for eating and drinking:
Drink more water! I like Eternal water because it is a naturally alkaline spring water.
Adding this new Vega vitamin powder adds flavor, fiber, and vegetables to your water.
Harmless Harvest coconut water is another great substitute for plain water.
Green, leafy vegetables added to protein shakes will help reduce inflammation in your body.
When cooking dinner, make an extra side of vegetables for yourself.
Salmon and healthy fats, like flax seed, are great sources of protein.
4. Thanksgiving leftovers to help us detox? Is that possible?!
Yes! Use your turkey as your protein: make lettuce cups for leftover turkey, make a turkey stirfry with leftover turkey and add leftover sweet potatoes to make a vegetable bowl. Use leftover fruit from fruit salad to add into your smoothies. The extra pie crusts can come in handy to make egg cups for a breakfast on the go! Sprinkle the pie crust into a muffin pan and add beaten eggs, spinach, and turkey on top of the crust.
5. Alcoholic Beverages: ALWAYS add in a glass of water before and after each alcoholic beverage that you have. This will help keep you hydrated. Cut your juice or soda with half water or sparkling water to cut down on sugar, too.
If you want more tips on how you can lose weight and keep it off, make sure you join my FREE 21 day challenge at stepitupchallenge.com.