Have you ever wondered how to get rid of cellulite? If cellulite has become a problem for you, you’re not alone. You may consider it unsightly or blame yourself for getting it, but it’s a common problem. In fact, studies have shown that as many as 90 percent of women have cellulite.
Because I’m a weight loss coach for women, women often ask me how to get rid of cellulite. It isn’t easy but it is possible to minimize the appearance of cellulite on your body. If you have cellulite, you should know that it’s nothing to be ashamed of and the first step toward feeling better about it is to love your body right now, no matter what.
Here are a few more facts about cellulite:
- Even women who are thin, fit, muscular or athletic often notice that they have cellulite.
- Being overweight or obese does not necessarily increase the likelihood of cellulite, but it is likely to make the divots appear larger and far more noticeable.
- Genetics is often a factor. If the women in your family have cellulite, you are more prone to having it as well.
- Cellulite appears lumpy because fat cells are stored right beneath the skin and push through the connective tissue and fascia.
While you may not be able to get rid of cellulite completely, there are some exercises, self-care practices, and foods that can help reduce it. I always say that it’s important to approach your cellulite reduction from a holistic and integrated standpoint.
I recently stopped by the Fox 32 Chicago studio to share some of my favorite tips on how to get rid of cellulite.
- Lose the fat. The less fat you have on your body, the less noticeable your cellulite will be. It may still be there, but it won’t stand out as much.
- Stay hydrated. Drink half your bodyweight in ounces and snack on hydrating fruit and veggies, such as watermelon and cucumbers.
- Brush or scrub your skin in a circular motion to stimulate the lymph.
- Massage the fascia with a foam roller to increase blood and lymph flow.
- Integrate proper nutrition into your diet with healthy fats, such as salmon and sunflower seeds.
- Pump up your exercise by working and stimulating muscles in the affected area.
Want support taking a holistic approach to health, so you can get on track to lose weight and learn to love your body along the way? Join the FREE 21-Day Challenge for a simple but powerful workout plan, an easy-to-follow eating guide, and fun confidence-boosting exercises.