Worried about gaining weight this holiday? Weight Loss Coach and Lifestyle Expert Stephanie Mansour dropped by Fox 32 to share a new take on weight gain. Learn seven real time tips to stop yourself in your tracks before going overboard on the holiday treats.
This holiday, learn to stop the downward spiral of guilt when you get too close to the dessert table! Here’s how to prepare for rather than fight against the potential weight gain.
During the holidays, we all make some unhealthy food choices and that’s OK. Read on to learn how to enjoy the season without going overboard.
7 Holiday Meal Hacks
1. Focus on maintaining your weight instead of losing weight. Start to consider what your New Year’s Resolution will be after all the holiday partying. What will be most important to you in regard to health and fitness?
2. Don’t step on the scale every day. The scale is your inaccurate worst enemy! I always have my private weight loss clients “measure” weight by how well their clothes fit. If your favorite pair of jeans feels looser, that’s a better gauge than a scale!
Also, use a tape measure instead of worrying about the number on the scale because muscle weighs more than fat. For example, one of the clients in my weight loss program for women lost “only” ten pounds, but dropped four dress sizes! That’s huge!
3. Plan a little affirmation escape! We’ve all been there. You’re at a holiday party and someone says something to you meant to be a compliment, but it’s really a dig. No problem, just keep a stack of positive affirmations in your purse. Pull them out in the bathroom, look yourself in the eyes, and say, “I’m awesome, I’m beautiful, I rock at life!”
4. Get in a five-minute workout. If you feel too busy to workout, don’t fret. Five minutes is 500% better than 0 minutes! Check out my Step it Up with Steph DVD for tons of great five minute weight loss workouts!
5. Change your palate, change your life! If you find yourself overdoing it at the dessert table, the first thing to do is change your taste buds. For example, go for some snap peas. They are so bland and boring compared to all the sugar on the dessert table! Change up your palate to get another taste going and stop the sugar cravings.
6. Go ahead and take a cookie! I mean it. I’m obsessed with the cookie platter. Don’t just stand there eating cookie after cookie though. Take your plate, put one cookie on it, and walk away! Enjoy it! And if you still really want a second one, go back for it.
7. Mix it up when drinking cocktails. After drinking a plain, non-sparkling wine, if you want to call it quits and not overindulge, then dose your mouth with a sparkling water. On the flip side, if you’ve been drinking bubbly win or prosecco, drink a bit of juice. This will change your mouth feel and palate and help stop the urge to go for just one more drink.
If you want more tips on how you can lose weight and keep it off, make sure you join my FREE 21 day challenge at stepitupchallenge.com.