If you want to create a healthy lifestyle you love, one of the most important things you can do is establish new routines that allow you to put healthy habits on autopilot. As a weight loss coach, I help the clients in my private weight loss programs for women remove all unnecessary obstacles that can get in the way of their best efforts.
Planning everything from meal prep to stress management to something as simple as keeping your gym bag packed and ready to go, can alleviate uncertainties, decrease anxiety, and help each day run more smoothly than it would otherwise. Remember, “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” (Thanks, Ben Franklin!)
Remember, “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.”
Some people will always love working out more than others. But as a weight loss coach for nearly a decade now, I’ve found that even those who are most resistant to working out at first came to appreciate how good exercise makes them feel over time.
The trick is, first you have to get your body accustomed to moving regularly, get your heart pumping consistently, and work up your stamina to boost your energy. Eventually, you will look forward to your workout, crave it, and miss it when you can’t make it. At that point, you’re more likely to do whatever it takes to fit in your workout. But until then, your best bet is to make getting to the gym easier on yourself.
In a recent article for Today.com, I shared my top gym bag essentials that will help you never miss a workout, including:
- Protein-packed pre-workout and post-workout snacks, such as Vega Protein Bars and Krave Pork Jerky.
- Natural deodorant from PiperWai to absorb wetness and neutralize odor.
- A cooling towel to avoid getting overheated.
- A hair tie to keep your hair out of your face and off of your neck. This one from Maria Shireen doubles as a bracelet.
- Headphones to listen to listen to heart-pumping music, such as these wearable headphones.
- Prevent your shoes from getting stinky with odor and moisture-absorbing shoe fresheners from SmellWell.
- Freshen up after your workout with purifying face cleansing cloths from Skin Laundry, DUDE shower body wipes, Miist hand sanitizer (that doubles as a yoga mat sanitizer), and perfume such as this scent from Demeter.
- And in case you can’t make it to the gym, bring the gym with you! This portable trainer and app from Activ5 give you a workout anytime and anywhere.
For more healthy lifestyle tips, join us for a FREE (and FUN!) 21-day crash course on how to finally break through the mental roadblocks getting in the way of your goals, gain the confidence you’ve always wanted, and discover the secret to designing a healthy lifestyle you love.
Sign up for the FREE 21-Day Challenge for a simple but powerful workout plan, an easy-to-follow eating guide, and fun confidence-boosting exercises.