Sometimes after work or a long day, the last thing you want to do is get in a workout. But our health & fitness expert Stephanie Mansour from Step It Up with Steph is here to share with us the 5 essentials you need to ensure you don’t skip the gym, and how to motivate yourself to get to the gym:
Well let’s face it – if you’re drained from the day, you’re probably more likely to head home and comfort yourself with some pizza and sit on the couch than you are to get in a workout. But I’ve got 5 tips to get you motivated:
1. Re-commit to your reason WHY. What are the benefits of going to the gym? What’s your goal? Get clear.
2. Set alarm reminders on your phone to pump you up.
3. Pack your gym back: essentials include a pre-workout protein bar and a post-workout shake, which could even replace your dinner.
4. Make sure you’re eating throughout the day – protein is needed to keep your energy levels up.
5. Reward yourself – after working out 3 days a week for a month, treat yourself to a new workout top, a massage, or even just buy a couple of new songs to listen to during your workout!
Stephanie Mansour is a television health and fitness expert and a weight loss coach for women. She provides corporate wellness workshops and is a corporate speaker for health & fitness. Want to lose weight fast and make it last? Check out Chicago’s best personal trainer for women and best yoga instructor for women! She’s also a life coach in Chicago and for women everywhere!