If you’re looking for a high-intensity full-body exercise for fat burning and strength training, burpees are one of the most effective workouts you can do.
As a women’s weight loss coach, I work primarily with busy women who have hectic schedules and a mountain of responsibilities competing for their time. My private coaching clients are willing to put in the work, but they want fast results. They want to know how to slim down, tone and tighten, and lose weight without spending hours at the gym.
The good news is, some of the most effective workouts can be completed in short bursts of high-intensity activity. Fast and action-packed workouts can help you burn fat and build endurance in no time flat.
You may not have an hour to go to the gym, but you can fit in more efficient workouts for high-impact in less time. Burpees are something you can do almost anywhere and they don’t require any equipment. So whether you’re on your lunch break or on a business trip, you can get in a good workout with moves like burpees.
But if you’re looking to step it up in your workouts, it’s time to add advanced burpees to your workout routine.
I teamed up with my favorite workout partner and media personality Jenny Milkowski to demonstrate how to do an advanced burpee for a high-intensity full-body workout.
Here’s how to do an advanced burpee, step-by-step:
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms raised at your sides.
- Lower yourself into a low squat, keeping your arms raised.
- From the squat position, jump, while raising your arms and pushing your hands upwards.
- As soon as you land, bend down and place your hands flat on the ground in front of you.
- Shift your weight onto your hands, keep your elbows slightly bent, and jump back into a plank position, pushing your legs straight behind you and landing on your toes.
- Once you’re in a plank position, bend your arms and do a push up, keeping your body straight, abs tight, and legs straight.
- Bend your knees, jump forward. Land with your feet just behind your hands in a low squat position.
- Jump straight up raising your arms in the air.
- Repeat. Build up your stamina to do multiple sets of advanced burpees.
Advanced burpees are a tough exercise that will challenge you, but if you stick to doing advanced burpees consistently, you will reap the benefits of slimming down, getting fit, and boosting your overall body conditioning.
For more quick fat-blasting workouts, get the Step It Up with Steph Signature Slimdown workout DVD here.
Join me for a FREE (and FUN!) 21-day crash course on how to finally break through the mental roadblocks getting in the way of your goals, gain the confidence you’ve always wanted, and discover the secret to designing a healthy lifestyle you love. Sign up for the FREE 21-Day Challenge for a simple but powerful workout plan, an easy-to-follow eating guide, and fun confidence-boosting exercises.