Change up your cardio.
– Look at your cardio workout in intervals: sprint as fast as you can for a minute, then back off but increase your incline. If you’re on the elliptical, increase resistance, then pick up the pace for a few minutes.
– If you are in love with the treadmill, instead of walking for a few minutes to warm up, try out the bike or another cardio machine for your warm up and to move your muscles differently. Muscles have memory and soon, they will be conditioned to your favorite form of cardio. Avoid this by making your muscles guess what’s coming next!
Change up your full body workout.
– Accustomed to doing cardio then weights, or vice versa? If you implement intervals into your cardio (see above), you can do one interval, lift some arm weights or do leg exercises, then jump back into cardio.
– Moving from one exercise to another not only keeps your body guessing, but it also ensures that you’re burning more calories by moving continuously, rather than busting it on cardio and taking your time doing weights.
Pull your abs in 24/7!
– You can literally workout ANYWHERE, ANYTIME with this fat blasting tip!
– Pull your belly button in towards your spine, act like you are squeezing into a tight pair of pants, and try to flatten your belly right below your belly button.
– Engage your core to gain stability, to feel tighter, and to look smaller along your waistline.
Cut back on dairy and gluten foods.
– A lot of people are lactose intolerant and don’t even know it! After eating dairy products, a lot of us feel bloated and even lethargic. Similarly, a lot of wheat products leave us feeling like our stomach is a balloon that uncontrollably expands!
– Try reducing or eliminating your dairy and gluten intake. Many carbs now say “gluten free” if they are, as well as dairy products.
– If you eat ice cream, there is ice cream made with coconut milk. If you love milk, try rice or soy milk. If you crave cheese, try eating a protein and vegetable snack, imagining how you feel after eating cheese. That may be enough to talk yourself out of wanting it!
Get your lifestyle on track by getting your head in gear. My 30 Day Workbook can get you started!