Healthy, glowing skin is always in style. Put down that primer and ditch your highlighter! Health and Fitness Expert and Women’s Weightloss Coach Stephanie Mansour shares some tips for achieving that coveted look– naturally!
This holiday season, brighten your skin from the inside out with these luscious tips.
Eat Like You Love Yourself
Make healthy fats your new bff. Not only are they going to help you out with your complexion, they’re also going to help with hydration. Examples of healthy, Omega-3 containing fats are:
- Salmon (or mackerel, sardines, herring, etc.)
- Walnuts (most nuts really!)
- Chia seeds (also flax)
Other foods you can eat to improve your skin’s radiant glow are ones that are high in both antioxidants and Vitamin C. Brighten with these babies:
- Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries
- Oranges, Lemons, most citrus fruits
- Grapes (especially the darker colored variety!)
Lots of tasty options available here, pick some and incorporate them into your meal plan a few times a week and you’ll see results!
When In Doubt, Sweat It Out
Getting your blood pumping will open up those pores and let you sweat out any toxins through your skin. Like I tell my private weightloss clients, you can pick any activity that you enjoy doing and reap the benefits of this as long as you can get yourself sweating while doing it!
If cardio is not something you enjoy, never fear; Yoga is here! Yoga is great for improving circulation especially moves that change the direction your blood is flowing, such as:
- Forward Fold– from standing, bend forward from your hips (not your waist) and place your hands on the floor. Don’t worry if you can’t reach the floor with your hands, simply cross your forearms and clasp your elbows. Allow your head and neck to hang freely. Relax and breathe here for as long as feels good for you.
- Shoulderstand– Begin lying on your back, knees bent, feet on floor. Lift your bent knees into your chest, leave your upper arms on the ground, but bend the elbows and place your hands against your back to support yourself. Extend your legs up towards the sky. If this is too advanced, try:
- Legs Up the Wall– Place a thick blanket (or two) several inches away from a wall, use the blanket to support your pelvis while you relax on your back with your legs going vertically up the wall. Stay here anywhere from five to fifteen minutes.
If you love these yoga moves and want more, check out my Step It Up with Steph DVD!
Pamper Without Breaking the Bank
The Christmas tree won’t be the only thing getting lit this year! Prepare to show up at every party with your face glowing merry and bright. Here are a few more make-up free ideas to seal the deal!
Facials and serums can be super expensive, so for reducing that pesky, under-eye puffiness, I recommend treating yourself to a few refreshing (and cheap!) eye or full-face masks from your local drugstore.
Hydrating masks are great for fighting inflammation, especially when combined with your efforts at drinking lots of water and eating plenty of leafy greens!
Also, you can totally wear a mask while you relax at night with your legs up the wall!
Put on lotion every night before bed to fight that winter dryness.
If you have very dry skin you can even try using coconut oil, it works great, is very light, and smells amazing. A caveat here though is that it may not be the best facial moisturizer if your skin is prone to clogged pores.
As a private weight loss coach and a private fitness coach for women, I specialize in helping successful women lose weight.
If you’re looking for a life coach, a wellness coach, or a confidence coach in Chicago and beyond, you’ve come to the right place! As a certified personal trainer for women, Yoga Instructor in Chicago, Pilates Instructor in Chicagoland, and certified professional life coach in Chicago, I work with successful women across the country as a private weight loss coach for women.
For more inspiration, join our FREE 21 Day Challenge at stepitupchallenge.com