With the temperatures so high, it’s easy to feel lethargic and like you don’t want to do your regular practice. However, try opening up tight areas by utilizing the heat to go deeper into your postures:
– Twists are a great thing to do when it’s hot out. You’ll be able to more deeply “wring” out your internal organs and loosen up your spine. The heat makes your muscles more flexible.
– Go deeper into your forward folds. The heat will help tight low back muscles and hamstrings loosen up, so you can feel sensations you may not feel in the winter.
– Open up your chest and sides of your waist slowly, and hold the poses here a little longer to really get into the smaller muscles and origin and insertion points of the muscles.
Looking for mental tricks to Step It Up? My 30 Day Workbook can help!
People everywhere are stripping down to their bikinis – but I know some people who are too embarrassed or feel too self-conscious to “reveal” themselves at the beach or pool. And this saddens me!
A lot of people think that women with “nice” bodies don’t work hard at the gym or are just “naturally thin,” and while sometimes this is true, often times it is really about the state of mind of these fit, in-shape women.
Remember Marissa’s attitude about her weight loss goal? I talk about it in the interview below:
Not once did she focus on negativity or bad things about her body. Instead, she focused on the end goal and had a no-nonsense attitude about getting the body she wanted. Furthermore, her workouts and healthy eating were marked in her calendar and were non-negotiable, while she worked full time and maintained a normal social life.
Similarly, this is the type of attitude and mindset that is imperative to get in shape and stay in shape. If you’re going to stick to a workout plan this summer, you must be mentally prepared to do so. I cannot emphasize this enough!
Leave a comment below, email me, or check out my 30 Day Workbook or One Day Intensive to get in the mental state to once and for all get in shape and STAY in shape this summer.
As many of you know, my client, Marissa, from the reality weight loss TV show, “Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is” hosted by Andrea Metcalf, hit her goal of losing 83 lbs in just 12 weeks!!
Steph, Marissa's mom, and the old Marissa!
The video below is footage from her dramatic reveal and some inspirational words from Marissa about how she accomplished this amazing feat.
Leave comments below to support Marissa and congratulate her – she lost the most weight out of anyone on the show, AND she’s maintaining this healthy lifestyle for the rest of her life! She is such an inspiration to us all!
Marissa breaks through her old self
And, if you aren’t already signed up to receive newsletter updates, make sure you do so below so you can hear exactly how Marissa did this in the weeks to come. One of the main tools she used to stay mentally on track was my 30 Day Workbook (see below). We will also be revealing all the other techniques we used to help her accomplish this goal!
Marissa with her uncles - a support system is KEY to achieving your goals!
Strutting her stuff with more of her wonderful family!
Tonight Marissa and I and a few other members of the TV show will be celebrity bartending at a breast cancer event! Get your tickets HERE.
Speaking of bartending, for those of you who are going to sip on cocktails this weekend, here are some crucial tips you need to know:
– Get hydrated before you start drinking alcohol. You should be drinking half of your body weight in ounces.
– Stay hydrated instead of oversaturating your liver with alcohol. One drink per one glass of water.
– Steer clear of bright liquors or heavily flavored mixes. A neon yellow drink screams “too much sweet and sour mix!” Try to get natural ingredients when possible, such as lime juice squeezed from a lime.
– Mindfully take sips, not gulps, of your drink. Whether it’s wine, beer, or a mixed drink, become more present and conscious of what you’re doing and how you’re feeling. Touch the glass, enjoy each sip, and mindfully order or decide not to order another round.
For some, Valentine’s Day has turned in to “Singles Awareness Day”. Or, for others, it becomes a benchmark for how much your significant other loves or cares about you…I remember last year, I kept checking with the doorman to see when my big bouquet of flowers arrived – they never did, and instead I got a single rose. On the outside, I was happy and appreciative, but on the inside, I found myself saying, “WHAT? Doesn’t this person know that I’d like a whole bouquet?!” YIKES!! Time for a reality check!
Everyone has their own ways of showing how much they love or care, so it’s important to appreciate those ways and be sincerely grateful for them. Furthermore, it’s important to not place expectations on gifts – not only are you setting yourself up to potentially be let down, but you’re also stealing the wonderful moments of being happy and appreciative for whatever gift you did receive.
On the other hand, if you find yourself single, again, it’s time to pour some love on yourself! Check out my 30 Day Workbook (see below) to get a better relationship with your body and yourself. It’s important to celebrate your love for yourself, not just a significant other, on Valentine’s Day.
Don’t be left out! Whether you’re single or attached, do something for yourself or for your body that demonstrates self-love. Buy yourself a bouquet of flowers; buy yourself a massage; spend time reading your favorite book, or do something that makes you feel good about yourself.
In case you missed the Step It Up with Steph Launch Party for the new TV show Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, there’s good news! You can feel like you were actually at the party by watching this fun and entertaining video!