Newsflash: You may be wasting your time at the gym! And who has time to waste? Below are a few signs that you’re wasting time at the gym:
– You’ve been doing the same routine since Jan. 1st and haven’t seen any results.
– You’re gym time is cutting in to your other commitments, and you hate it.
– You still feel like going to the gym is a drag and a burden, and just can’t wait for it to be over.
Those are just a few ways to know if you’re wasting your time. And here are some ways to QUIT wasting your time, and get excited to work out:
– Intersperse cardio with weights! Do circuit and interval training. Do NOT stay on the elyptical for 30 minutes at the same pace! You need to build muscle in order to burn fat while you’re sleeping – focus more on getting an all around good workout and becoming out of breath rather than focusing on the calories on the machine.
– Look at yourself in the mirror while working out, and say positive affirmations to yourself, such as, “UGH! My arms look AWESOME!” or “My body is working so efficiently right now!”
– Make sure you have a playlist that you LOVE – for my Diamond and One Day clients, I custom create a playlist for them. We integrate their own positive affirmations, and then their favorite song comes on right after! Contact me if you want more info on this!
– Spice it up – seek out a trainer, coach, or a new workout plan if you are bored at the gym. Change is good, so Step It Up!